Mar 4, 2009

Elaboration on Staying in Teaching

Today was the first time I seriously considered staying in teaching, because this boy emailed me this morning saying,

"How often do you feel inspired? Daily, hourly, weekly, monthly?"

And I sat for a moment and thought....

Then I emailed back:

"All the time."

It's so true! I feel inspired to be better and do better and try different things all the time. Even on the pot. Just kidding. (I always wanted to say that..."Even on the pot"). That means on the toilet, right? I heard someone say it once.

I feel inspired AS A TEACHER. I automatically related it to my career. Maybe because I was in my classroom when I received and responded to the email, or maybe because teaching is my life now and whenever I'm inspired, it's for teaching.

Which is not a bad thing.

1 comment:

Eyawn said...

I agree. I wonder how often our 'white-collar office worker' counterparts feel inspired due to their work? I wonder...