Apr 14, 2010

Sharpen Your Saw

I meet a man in the forest. His eyes weary, his shirt sweaty, his entire energy communicated exhaustion. I ask him, "What're you doing sir?" He answers, "I'm sawing these trees."

I observe a dull saw and a tired tired human spirit so I ask him, "Well, why don't you take a break to sharpen that saw?"

"There's no time," he says, "there's no time. I gotta saw them into logs."

--

I've been caught in a routine that's kept my head above water. I'm hanging on til the end, but I've lost the strength that was my momentum months ago. Nothings changed, but my saws become dull. It's time to take a step back.

--

Don't count down the days; make the days count.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a quote that I've seen attributed to Lincoln you might like (or already know!): Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.

Good luck recharging/sharpening! It's important :)

Eyawn said...

I love that quote!