May 8, 2009

Relax, it's the weekend

With our school's quality review coming up in 2 days and with my first round of graduate school finals coming up TOMORROW...

I just wanted to say...

thank [insert your God/spirit/non-god/etc. here] it's Friday.

If students only knew what their teachers did once the weekends come around, there would be a whole lot of, "Well if Mr./Ms ____ does it, I should be able to do it too!" Prevent unwonted debauchery. Keep your private life private.

Have a great weekend and happy Mother's day to all you lovely mothers out there!

My kids wrote odes to their moms on pale pink paper which they proceeded to cut into shapes mothers would love (e.g. hearts, stars, butterflies and flowers). I NEVER in my wildest dreams could have imagined that I'd ever be doing one of these cheesy holiday "I love Mom" activities in a room with 27 11-year old kids. But today, I was that teacher. I was Ms. Honey. And you know what? It felt really cute.

No comments: